Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Blocking Unwanted Downloads of Text and Photos

Well, after a request from a commentator long ago, I have found a solution, somewhat. Surfing the World Wide Web, or WWW, internet, web, etc...has led me to a few conclusions...
  1. Images will be taken without consideration. period. Hot-linking is a huge problem in the cyber world, but it is free for everyone to take. Just look at google without SafeSearch on.
  2. Your personal life is exposed when you take your blog, website, etc...on the public scene.
  3. Wait...there is no three.
Well, I couldn't find the answer myself, what with the lack of free time and college being a bitch, so I did what every geek does, procrasinate, and then google!

As a result, I found this webpage with info on how to block your images from being downloaded. A little wordy, and the short-attention span got to me, so I could not finish the entire thing. The most important thing is that they have a code for you to paste onto your blog or website to prevent your text and picture from being taken. Very useful indeed.

Link: HTML Code to Stop Downloading of Text and Photos...

So I would like to thank BROWNIELOCKS for their insightful article, though they are not techy at all, and ranting excessively, but everyone rants once in a while. Alright, till another day...
techferret out.

No comments: