Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Tech News for March 16, 2005

Hi everyone...It sure has been a while. College is a drag at time, that is why I created this blog...To get away.
  • GoogleX
    The geniuses at Google Labs have another contraption up their sleeves...GoogleX! It takes the dock from OSX (Apple's OS if you don't know) and insert icons to find the difficult maps and video searches. Have a look-see...

    Link: GoogleX

    Update: As of this afternoon, they have taken out the page, so I'm sorry. TechInfoBlog has it mirrored if your curious.

    Link: GoogleX Mirror

  • CTIA...wtf is that?
    CTIA, or Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association, is having their annual expo, showcasing the newest offerings from phone manufactures. Hot looking phone are around, especially the LG-8100 and the RAZR (CDMA version...sorry, I have Verizon). Can't wait to get my hands on the new handsets. Engadget has a section dedicated to cellphones...browse through it and see the new items. Surfing has it rewards.

    Link: Cellphones @ Engadget

    Update: As of today, Engadget has a link dedicated to the CTIA. Sweet phones!

    Link: CTIA highlights

  • Jackpot!!!
    Well, it looks like CompUSA will have to pay out their rebates at the end. Now I can finally get that refund I was waiting for so long. Thank God the Judical system still works...for money.

  • Linux for Newb!
    Linux Online has a guide for us newbies on how to install a Linux distro on our computers. Courtesy of digg.com.

    Link: DIY Linux Install

  • Speed Typing Test
    Self-explanatory...see how fast you can type. My wpm is 46. What's yours?

    Link: Speed Typing Test

  • Mozilla Org. Focusing on Firefox/Thunderbird
    Mozilla Org. has stopped focusing on Mozilla Suite, or seamonkey. As the heat is turning up between Microsoft and Mozilla, they will start to fight with Firefox, leaving seamonkey behind. Speculation is that it will continue on, but the new kid on the block is just too good to leave.
Well, thats about it. I have a profile picture up already, if you haven't seen it yet. I saw the counter fly when I was posting my test pictures. Well, the blocking of pictures is difficult to find I have to say...drop me a line if you have any sites to help me out. My e-mail again is techferret@gmail.com

Well, so long. As they say in Hawaii, aloha. Hangloose guys. Techferret out!

No comments: